I’m always looking for new Chicken Recipes to make at home that are approachable and tasty. These Honey Sriracha Chicken Drumsticks are a winner in my household. They’re packed with flavor and simple to make once you have all the ingredients in your pantry. I made them for Sunday night dinner tonight and I think we have a new favorite chicken recipe in our household now!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Drumsticks
Adapted from Jenna’s Oven Fried Honey Sriracha Chicken Drumsticks
Servings: 4 People
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2.5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 green onions sliced thinly
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack within it.
- Pat drumsticks very dry with paper towels. Toss with sea salt.
- Place drumsticks on the wire rack baking sheet. Roast for 50-60 minutes, flipping the drumsticks over halfway through. Bake until skin is crispy and golden. Remove from oven.
- For the sauce: In a blender, mix together the honey, sesame oil, tamari, rice wine vinegar, garlic, sriracha, fish sauce and ginger. Process until smooth.
- When the drumsticks are done, pour the sauce over and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
- Make sure to save some of the extra sauce for pouring over your rice and broccolini.
These drumsticks pair perfectly with Jasmine rice and roasted broccolini or broccoli. For the Jasmine rice, I followed the instructions on the package and subbed in vegetable broth for water when cooking. Water, veggie stock, or chicken broth/stock would work well too.
For the roasted broccolini, I sliced any thick stocks in half lengthwise. Tossed them with some extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly cracked black pepper and popped them in the oven with the drumsticks for the last 15 minutes of baking.